Year-end giving deadlines
The Arizona Community Foundation is poised to assist you with your year-end giving. So that we can provide the best possible service and ensure your charitable gifts qualify for a charitable income tax deduction in the 2016 tax year, please keep these important dates in mind:
- Checks sent via the U.S. Postal Service to any ACF or Affiliate office must be postmarked on or before December 31, 2016.
- Checks sent via FedEx must be physically received at any ACF or Affiliate office on or before December 31, 2016.
- Gifts of appreciated securities should be made by Wednesday, December 28, 2016. Early notification of these gifts will help ensure a smooth transfer. Contact Bill Stine or call 602.682.2034 for assistance with stock gifts and wire transfers.
- Real estate gifts must have title transferred on or before Thursday, December 29, 2016.
- Partnership gifts must have the assignment signed on or before Thursday, December 29, 2016.
- Credit card gifts should be made by 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 29, 2016, to ensure timely posting by the credit card company.
Year-end Giving Hotline
The Arizona Community Foundation is ready to help you complete your year-end charitable giving, with our staff available to provide answers and process transactions until the last day of the year. Our offices will be open for business as usual Monday, December 26, through Friday, December 30.
On Saturday, December 31, you can reach ACF through the Year-end Giving Hotline. Call the Arizona Community Foundation at 602.381.1400 or 800.222.8221, leave a message and a member of the ACF staff will respond promptly.
Year-end grant recommendations
Although it is no longer possible for nonprofit recipients to receive grant checks in 2016, donor advised fundholders may still wish to recommend grants as holiday contributions. Donor advised grant recommendations can be made online through our secure donor portal, via email to your Relationship Manager, or via fax to 602.381.1575.