The Arizona Community Foundation of Sedona is a family of charitable funds created for the community, by the community. Some funds have a broad grantmaking focus while others target a specific organization or field.
During the 12-month period ending March 31, 2016, the Arizona Community Foundation of Sedona awarded nearly $800,000 in grants and scholarships through the competitive grants process and through the advice of donors who have established funds with ACF of Sedona. Since inception, ACF of Sedona has awarded more than $5 million in total grants and scholarships to nonprofit organizations and students from Sedona and the Verde Valley.
2017 Competitive Grants Process
The annual competitive grants process for the Arizona Community Foundation of Sedona will provide financial support for projects and programs serving the area's residents. The online application is now closed and the projects that receive funding will be announced in the fall. For more information contact Tracey McConnell.
The competitive grants process for 2016 culminated in more than $181,000 in grants--plus an additional $100,000 in challenge grants--for a total of over $281,000 awarded to 45 nonprofit organizations serving residents of Sedona and the Verde Valley. The Arizona Community Foundation of Sedona distributed grants with the guidance of an all-volunteer panel composed of local leaders. Grants were awarded in a diversity of areas of need, including animal welfare, arts and culture, education, nonprofit capacity building, healthcare, and social services for children, adults and families.
The need for funding outpaced the funds available for grantmaking in 2016, leaving opportunities for people like you to make a difference. These 2016 Worthy Projects include opportunities to support Sedona and the Verde Valley with a gift to a deserving organization that will make an immediate impact.
Read about what grants from ACF of Sedona are doing to improve our community by exploring these stories of impact.
Stories of Impact
In 2016, the Arizona Community Foundation of Sedona awarded competitive grants to the 44 nonprofit organizations listed below. Details about how the organizations will use their funding are included in a list of funded projects.
- American Red Cross
- CASA Children's Center
- Gardens for Humanity
- Girls on the Run
- Running River School
- Teen Lifeline, Inc.
- Yavapai Big Brothers Big Sisters
- ABIDE Maternity Home
- Bread of Life Missions
- Catholic Charities Community Services, Inc.
- Cornucopia Community Advocates
- Old Town Mission
- Sedona Community Food Bank
- Steps to Recovery Homes
- Trauma Intervention Programs of Arizona
- Yavapai County Sheriff's Office
- Yavapai Food Council
Arts & Culture
- Red Earth Theatre
- Sedona Arts Center
- Sedona Arts Festival
- Sedona International Film Festival
- Verde Valley Sinfonietta
Environment & Sustainability
- Arizona Wilderness Coalition
- Benefactors of Red Rock State Park, Inc.
- Oak Creek Watershed Council
- Sedona Historical Society
- Sedona Recycles, Inc.
- Sedona Red Rock Trail Fund
- Red Rose Inspiration for Animals
- Runnin W Wildlife Center
- Verde Valley Humane Society
Seniors & Individuals with Disabilities
- Adult Community Center of Sedona
- The Susan J. Rheem Adult Day Center
- Rainbow Acres
- Senior Citizens of Camp Verde
- The Giving Angels
- Verde Valley Caregivers Coalition
- Alzheimer's Association-Desert Southwest Chapter
- Mentally Ill Kids In Distress
- Northland Cares
- Jewish Community of Sedona
- Verde Valley Cyclists Coalition
Tolerance & Diversity
- Northern Area Restorative Justice